The US eventing team is heading to The Land Rover Great Meadow International in final preparation for the Olympic Games,
The event, presented by Adequan, will be hosting a number of international teams in the first FEI Nations Cup™ to be held outside Europe on July 8-10.
Riders of the 2016 U.S. Olympic Eventing Team who will be traveling to the Land Rover Great Meadow International are:
- Phillip Dutton – Five-time Olympic veteran with two Team gold medals (2000, 1996) for his native Australia. Two-time Pan American Games Team gold medalist (2015, 2007) and Individual silver medalist (2007).
- Boyd Martin – 2012 Olympic veteran, two-time WEG competitor and highest-placed U.S. rider (2014, 2010) and 2015 Pan American Games Team gold medalist.
- Lauren Kieffer – First time Olympic team member and 2015 Pan American Games Team gold medalist. Winner of the 2015 Great Meadow International Pan Am Preparatory Trials and two-time winner of the Rolex/USEF National CCI4* Championship (2014 and 2016).
- Clark Montgomery – First time Olympic team member. Winner of the 2015 Fidelity Investments Blenheim Palace International CCI3*, Somerford Park CIC2*, Belton CIC3* and a sixth-place finish in the 2015 Luhmühlen CCI4*.
- Maya Black – Traveling Reserve. Placed third at the 2016 Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event, earning the Rolex/USEF CCI4* Reserve National Champion title and winner of the CIC3* at The Fork Horse Trials (2016).
Robert. L Banner Jr, President of the Great Meadow Foundation, commented: “This is a historical and thrilling opportunity for Great Meadow to host the 2016 U.S. Olympic Eventing team in tandem with the U.S. debut of the FEI Nations Cup™ Eventing series during this year’s event. We look forward to a weekend of incredible competition.”