Although the forecast looks good for Burghley week if last weekend’s eventing is anything to go by expect sunshine and showers. In our first ‘what to wear’ edit we skip tweed and go for a mix of high street and high end pieces, easy to wear items that can be layered up and will get you through the worst of the wet weather. With Holland Cooper’s new orange snake cartridge bag this outfit provides a classic country look with an injection of colour and texture. Accessorise with a scarf if it really does get chilly or layer up some bangles to give more of a personal edge. Add in your choice of hat – fur bobble or classic trilby to ensure you stay as dry as you can while cheering on the greats and if all else fails shelter in one of the many shopping pavilions until the rain subsides.
1. James Purdey & Sons Waterproof Shoulder Cape with Pouch – £250.00
2. Rathlin Dubarry cowl neck top in Navy – £49.00
3. Zara Biker Trousers in Burgundy – £39.99
4. Holland Cooper Cartridge Bag (Snake) – £149.00
5. Hunter Boots – Hunter Field Women’s Balmoral Lady Colour: Dark olive – £130