We are pleased to confirm that the 2015 Racesafe British Squad of six riders and their horses have all arrived safely at Bialy Bor in Poland ahead of the FEI European Junior Championships this week.
Chairman of the Racesafe British Junior Selectors Darrell Scaife said: “All the horses are looking in really good shape and all the riders are extremely happy and excited to be here.”
The riders who will represent Britain on the squad this week are, in alphabetical order:
- Charlotte Bacon 17, from Oxfordshire with Sannanvalley Justice, a nine year old chestnut mare by True Justice who is owned by Miss Karen Huyton.
- Charlotte East 17, from Somerset with her own Clear Dawn, an eight year old iron grey mare by Clearway.
- Sam Ecroyd 18, from Flintshire with Opera House, an eight year old bay gelding by Verdi and owned by Mrs Penelope Ecroyd.
- Alex Kennedy 18, from Somerset with her own Chocolate Domino, an eight year old chestnut gelding by Diamant De Semilly.
- Alexander Tordoff 18, from Leicestershire with his own Emill, an 11 year old chestnut gelding by Unbelievable Darco.
- Ailsa Wates 17, from West Sussex with Woodlands Persuasion, a ten year old grey gelding by Cevin Z and owned by Mrs Pip Wates and Equine Aqua Training.
The four riders that will be representing Britain as part of the team will be named following the initial veterinary inspection tomorrow (Wednesday 12th August). Please visit the official event website for more programme information: www.eventingpoland.com
Junior Programme Funding
We are extremely grateful to Racesafe for their loyal support of the British Junior Squad and National Championships.
The British Young Rider, Junior and Pony European Championship teams are also supported by the UK Sport National Lottery funded World Class Programme. The teams are also kindly supported by official Equestrian Team GBR suppliers; Dodson and Horrell, Equi-Trek, Land Rover, NAF, NuuMed, Point Two Equine, Tagg Equestrian and Toggi. British Eventing are also grateful to HTSG for their unerring support and fundraising efforts for this team.