Pimp My Truck…
With half the season over already and many pro riders travelling the circuit and living out of their lorries we take a look at what makes a horsebox a home and the new products you need to pimp your truck.
Emma Warren more usually known by her work as Managing Director at Hiho Silver also runs a luxury homeware and accessories site www.dimpsey.co.uk
As part of her business Emma rents a bijou, luxury styled shepherd’s hut on her farm in the Blackdown Hills. Selecting the best of UK made and manufactured design Emma has made this horsebox sized space into the ultimate glamping hideaway. For unique selected items visit the Dimpsey website and check out this amazing space for ideas of how to maximise storage and not cut corners on comfort.
Emma offers up some great tips for making the most of your horsebox living space:
- For small space living a good turtlemat style doormat is a must to keep the space clean and their stands are always found on the show circuits.
- Also look for old hunting or equine prints in charity shops – cheap to buy and add a little bit of style. Make them stay when mobile by adding tacky tabs to the back
- Make the most of any areas for storage, we have made the seats as benches so we have loads of storage, as you never have enough of that. Take lidded plastic boxes with you so you can put things away under the horse box when you park.
- Old blankets can make affordable and warm black out curtains for horseboxes
- We buy old games and puzzles from second hand shops – great to keep people amused when staying away.
Product we love…
If you are looking for warmth look towards a Dimpsey sheepskin rug. Perfect under tired feet or thrown over a bed for the autumn stay overs… the dogs will love this too!
For ceramics that will look unique and add a touch of British style check out HiHo’s sister company Doris & Co. Makers of luxury handmade English creamware mugs and kitchen accessories. We love the ‘hold fast’ mugs, but with many designs to choose from they make great new lorry gifts and will stand the rigors of eventing… and copious coffee consumption!
For those who want to avoid a lorry that smells…of caravans and dogs… check out these very cute lavender filled chicks from trot up label Timothy Foxx. Great for keeping your jackets fresh and moth free too.
And what lorry isn’t complete without the ubiquitous array of cushions. The EWW team loves this rather appropriate sloganed design from Freddie Parker www.freddieparker.com
Usually known for their striped shirts, the label have now brought out a homeware range featuring textiles and ceramics with racing themes. Styled in a quality 100% drill cotton, available in duck egg blue & cream or coco & cream the ‘Freddie Parker Life Is A Gamble…Cushion’ features their signature galloping horse and rider logo along with the quote:
“Life is a gamble…that only the brave can win”
For those of you looking for pre cross country inspiration this is a definitive winner www.freddieparker.com/gifts-homeware/product/56-cream-beige-cushion
Lastly what lorry doesn’t need a mascot? For unique, made to order teddies in your XC colours look at Super XC’s ne range. An alternative something to cuddle up to if you are in lieu of an eventing beau.