The countdown is now on to the first ever British Eventing Arena Eventing Championship Finals to be held at Blenheim Palace and Blair Castle this September, generously sponsored by Kent & Masters Saddles.
There are two finals being held, so that competitors in the North and South have equal opportunity to qualify for a prestigious Championship Final held during an esteemed International Event. Blair Castle (which this year plays host to the Longines FEI European Eventing Championships) and Blenheim Palace Horse Trials (which will be holding classes to CCI3* level).
Combinations qualified for this exciting new Championship (open to both BE Members and non-members) by accumulating points in qualifying fixtures around the country. The qualifying fixtures included a mix of events, including JAS as well as competitions hosting arena events to ensure sure that a wider audience, including those who haven’t affiliated with BE before, have a chance to experience an exciting new Championship.
The series and Championship format of Arena Eventing consists of a mixture of show jumps and cross country fences, set within an optimum time with the addition of an optional ‘Joker’ fence at both the Championship Finals.
The top thirty on each of the two leader boards (BE90 and BE100) are now eligible to enter the Championships; find out who has qualified via our web page www.britisheventing.com/arenaeventing
- Blair Castle: The Kent & Masters Arena Eventing BE90 and BE100 Championship Finals at Blair Castle will take place 9th September.
- Blenheim Palace: The Kent & Masters Arena Eventing BE90 Championship Finals will take place on Friday 18th September whilst the BE100 Championship class will take place on Sunday 20th September.
In addition to the exciting opportunity to compete at these stunning venues, successful riders will also benefit from an impressive prize package:
– A Kent & Masters saddle of the rider’s choice for each of the four Arena Eventing Championship winners
– Cash prizes for 1st – 3rd place riders
– British Eventing training vouchers for 1st – 6th place
– The highest placed non-BE Member will receive a BE Membership to use in 2016
– The highest placed non-BE registered horse will receive a BE full season ticket for 2016
– Placing plus completion rosettes from the title sponsor
To ensure the greatest number of riders enjoying this opportunity, no rider may ride more than two horses in each class and no horse may compete in more than one Championship, neither can substitutions for a Championship be made. Qualified finalists can choose which venue they go to take part in the Championships.
To take part in the Championships, all riders and horses must either be a fully registered BE member or have a Day Pass Membership and valid Day Passes.