EWW COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules (“Rules”) and apply to competitions on the Eventing Worldwide “Site”, unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- The Competition is organised by Eventing Worldwide of 7 Keighley Road, Laneshaw Bridge, Colne, Lancashire. BB8 7HU.
- Eventing Worldwide reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Eventing Worldwide’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted within these terms and conditions. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Eventing Worldwide 7 Keighley Road, Laneshaw Bridge, Colne, Lancashire. BB8 7HU.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of Eventing Worldwide shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of Eventing Worldwide or any company involved in the Competition, or any advertising agency or web company connected with the Competition or any such person’s subsidiary or associated companies, are not eligible to enter the Competition. Eventing Worldwide reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if Eventing Worldwide is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not eligible.
- Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire. These will be set out in a Competition Notice specific to that competition.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Eventing Worldwide reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants if necessary.
- The email address, postal address or phone number you provide with your competition entry (“Entry”) will be used to contact you. Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, Competitions are only open to residents of the United Kingdom and you are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident outside of the United Kingdom. Where a Competition is open to entrants from outside the United Kingdom, you are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident in a country or jurisdiction where the Competition may breach any law or regulation. Where this applies, Eventing Worldwide’s invitation to enter the Competition in such country and/or jurisdiction is withdrawn.
- Where a Competition is open to all age groups, Eventing Worldwide assumes that by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules. If a Competition is only open to a certain age group (e.g. 18 and over), this will be set out in the Competition Notice and Eventing Worldwide assumes that by entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are the appropriate age to enter the Competition).
- Eventing Worldwide reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Eventing Worldwide in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, you may enter the Competition as many times as you like however where a winner has been selected and Eventing Worldwide discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has used any software or automated process either to answer questions or to make bulk entries, Eventing Worldwide may select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter a Competition and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
- Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Eventing Worldwide cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside Eventing Worldwide’s control.
- Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, prize winners will be chosen at random from all correct Entries (for competitions involving answering questions or where entry is by emailing or otherwise providing a name and/or contact details to Eventing Worldwide) or from all submitted entries (where creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria apply to entries (unless these are being judged as set out in the Competition Notice)), within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. Tie-breakers will be judged by Eventing Worldwide and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) and Eventing Worldwide shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice (and may be contacted by Eventing Worldwide or Eventing Worldwide’s nominated supplier(s)). Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published on the website or you can write to Competition Prize Winners, Eventing Worldwide, 7 Keighley Road, Laneshaw Bridge, Colne, Lancashire. BB8 7HU naming the specific competition including a self-addressed stamped envelope for a list of winners.
- Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Eventing Worldwide reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes are awarded at Eventing Worldwide’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Where Entries are being judged on creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria, Eventing Worldwide and/or the Competition judges (acting reasonably) reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the Competition if Entries are not of the requisite standard.
- Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Eventing Worldwide reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- Eventing Worldwide cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Eventing Worldwide is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Eventing Worldwide’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Eventing Worldwide reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
- The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. The Sites are only intended to be accessed from the United Kingdom. Eventing Worldwide makes no representation that materials on the Site relating to this Competition are appropriate or available for use at other locations and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited. If you access the Site outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
How to contact us
- You can contact us in relation to any Competition by writing to Eventing Worldwide, 7 Keighley Road, Laneshaw Bridge, Colne, Lancashire. BB8 7HU. or by filling in our online help form.
Last updated 10 September 2011