The BE Award, along with the BE Volunteer of the Year Awards, are the highest commendation recognising long service and dedication, and celebrate the tireless energy volunteers devote to the sport of eventing.
Without the loyal and valued band of BE Volunteers – from fence judges to the main arena party, and the many voluntary BE Accredited Officials – events simply would not run.
The 2015 winners are
- Mrs Jane Brown from Somerset – Show Jumping Collecting Ring Steward
- Mr Richard Tyas, Nottinghamshire – Cross Country steward
- Mrs Alys Ferguson, Northumberland – Dressage Senior Steward
- Mrs Gay Steel, North Yorkshire – Start / Finish Timing (White Rose Timing team)
- Mr and Mrs Edward and Jane Pybus, Northumberland – Hexham / Belsay Organisers
- Mrs Gail Ambrose, Oxfordshire – Blenheim Arena Eventing organiser
- Mrs Patricia Harrison, Cumbria – Fence Judge
BE’s Volunteer of the Year
- Fence Judges of the Year – John and Pauline McKay
- Volunteer of the Year – Felicity Alexander
- Young Volunteer of the Year – Francesca Weymouth
Presentations to the winners will be arranged throughout the 2016 season.
To prepare volunteers for the coming Event season, workshops will take place around the country between January and March 2016 and are free for all attendees, thanks to the Big Lottery Fund. Covering a range of topics including the theory of fence judging, what to do in various scenarios, new rules for 2016 and the practicalities of fence judging on the cross country course, the workshops will be beneficial for both seasoned fence judges and those who have never done it before.
For details on volunteering and to find out how you can sign up visit: www.britisheventing.com/volunteer