The long list for the Askham Bryan Young Rider European Squad which will represent Great Britain later this year includes the defending champion and members of last year’s Gold medal winning team.
Will Furlong, who won the British Eventing Askham Bryan National Under 21 Championships at Houghton Hall with Livingstone II and won team and individual hold in 2015, has been named on the long list alongside team mates Emily King and Ella Hitchman.
- Sam Ecroyd, 19 from Flintshire, with Mrs Penelope Ecroyd’s 9 year old Dutch gelding Opera House
- Will Furlong, 21 from East Sussex, on his own 13 year old German gelding Livingstone II
- Adam Gillespie, 21 from Northumberland, and his own Kasseedorf, a 12 year old British gelding
- Ella Hitchman, 20 from Gloucestershire, with her own 13 year old Danish bred gelding Rocky Rockstar
- Georgina Kidner, 20 from Norfolk, and her own 15 year old Irish gelding Thornfield Jones
- Emily King, 20 from Devon, with the 8 year old Dutch gelding Dargun, owned by Mrs Jane Del Missier
- Katherine Lindsay, 19 from Fife, on Mrs Janie Tate and Lady Balniel’s 9 year old Irish gelding Cooley Ramiro
- Libby Seed, 19 from Wiltshire, with the 11 year old British gelding Tullamore Dew II, owned by Mrs Louise Knock and Jonathan & Lesley Seed
- India Wishart, 20 from Oxon, and her own 10 year old Irish gelding The Masters Harry
Further horses and riders may be added to the long list the build up to squad selection later this year.