Petplan Equine, one of the UK’s leading horse insurance providers, is delighted to announce that the seven sponsored riders who were selected from among 464 hopeful ambassadors earlier in the year, will continue to enjoy support from the insurer for a second year throughout 2016.
“The success of the scheme and the enthusiasm and professionalism with which each and every rider has embraced their ambassadorial roles has led to us deciding to continue what is a really positive partnership”, explained Kate Hopkins, Marketing Executive at Petplan Equine who is running the programme.
Each of the riders is well known in their local equestrian community and competes regularly with more than one horse. In addition, all have made a claim on their Petplan Equine policy in the last five years and so have first hand experience of what it is to be a Petplan customer, making them natural advocates of the company.
Throughout the year, each of the riders has participated in a broad spectrum of activities to help Petplan Equine in its horse care knowledge sharing initiatives which have included involvement in photo shoots, articles, case studies and the documenting of their considerable competition successes throughout the year.
In return for their involvement in Petplan Equine PR and its marketing initiatives, each rider receives branded kit and financial support towards competition expenses. Each rider’s involvement in a range of publicity initiatives in turn helps to raise their own profiles both locally and nationally.
“At Petplan Equine we believe strongly in responsible horse ownership,” said Charlotte Collyer, Senior Marketing Executive at Petplan Equine, “and it has been a pleasure to work with a group of riders who in addition to demonstrating their considerable riding ability and determination, have shown their sound approach to horse care and a strong appreciation of the value of insurance.”
The seven riders who will go on to enjoy a second year of Petplan Equine support are:
- Rachael Jayne Barker, an equine and canine sports practitioner from Nottingham who enjoys showing and side saddle.
- Lili Brooksby-Dalby, is a riding instructor and online dressage shop owner, from Rothley, Leicestershire and competes in affiliated dressage.
- Juliette Edmonds, an equine veterinary surgeon from Royston, Hertfordshire competes in affiliated eventing.
- Charlotte Edwards, is a full time show jumper from Andover, Hampshire.
- Amy Gilbert, part time sales assistant from St Austell, Cornwall runs a breeding programme, the aim of which is to breed spotted sport horses. Amy competes in dressage, show jumping and eventing.
- Lorna Hogg, local government officer from Inverurie, Aberdeenshire is a keen endurance rider, securing her 5,000km milestone this year.
- Jack Stancombe, head groom/competition rider from Cirencester, Gloucestershire is pursuing a career as an event rider.
Further details about the riders and their horses can be found on the Petplan Equine website at www.petplanequine.co.uk/sponsored-riders